15 Cool Lip Pencils You Can Use Without Lipstick
- How to choose a lip pencil
- The best lip pencils
- Gel pencils
- Slim Lip Pencil by NYX Professional Makeup
- Viviene Sabo – Gel Lipliner
- L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lip Liner
- Wet n Wild – Perfect Pout Gel Lip Liner
- Haus Laboratories By Lady Gaga: RIP Lip Liner
- Wax pencils
- Barry M Cosmetics – Lip Liner Pencil
- Mineral Fusion Lip Pencil by Splendid
- Nars Precision Lip Liner Le Lavandou
- Ga-De High Precision Lip Liner
- Sisley Phyto Levres Perfect Lipliner with Lip Brush
- Water-Resistant Pencils
- Artdeco Soft Lip Liner Waterproof
- 3INA-The Automatic Lip Pencil
- Sephora Beauty Amplifier
- Collistar – Professional Lip Pencil
- Rouge Bunny Rouge-Long-lasting Lip Pencil
- How to draw a lip contour with a pencil?
- That’s Interesting!
A lip pencil is a real must-have for lasting makeup. It allows you to make lips more voluminous and expressive in just a couple of minutes. In this article, we will share a selection of the best lip pencils, and will also give recommendations on how to select this product.
How to choose a lip pencil
A quality lip pencil is a multifunctional product. When you use it, you can work on the shape of lips, draw a clear contour, visually add volume and color, and also extend the durability of makeup. Makeup artists often use a pencil to create various effects on the lips, such as ombre.
- When choosing a pencil, it is important to pay attention to some characteristics. First, mind its texture. The ideal tool should have a medium-hard lead that glides gently over the lips and does not scratch the skin. At the same time, it should convey color well and draw a uniform, clear line.
- Secondly, check out the color. It should ideally fit the type of appearance and be combined with lipsticks and glosses. The more pigmented the product is, the easier it is to apply to the skin.
- The formula of the pencil also matters. If it contains caring components, the product will not cause irritation and dry out the lips. It is important that all ingredients are hypoallergenic and as safe as possible for health.
- Another important parameter is durability. A pencil that sticks to the skin for a long time and does not smudge over time is, of course, a better option. When buying, test a pencil in your hand, wait a couple of minutes and try to erase it. Ideally, it should smear a little, but the outline should remain.
- In addition, lip pencils are available in different packages. The most convenient format is in a wooden or plastic case, which can be sharpened to the desired sharpness.
The best lip pencils
The editorial staff of GlamLipstick has prepared a special selection of the best lip pencils. Here you can find products of different formats, shades, textures, and prices. Each can be used not only for contouring but also as a base for lipstick and gloss. Or even instead of them.
Slim Lip Pencil by NYX Professional Makeup
The main qualities of Slim Lip Pencil by NYX are rich pigmentation and high durability. It doesn’t smudge, bleed or imprint. With this product, you can draw a clear outline with a few movements. In addition, it does not dry out the lips at all, since it contains jojoba oil. The collection consists of four very bright and showy colors.
Viviene Sabo – Gel Lipliner
A gel-based pencil from the budget brand Vivienne Sabo was created specifically to give lips extra volume. It is convenient and easy to apply, it can be used to create a smooth and even coverage on the skin. The formula is securely fixed, prolonging the durability of lipstick and gloss, while the product does not overload or overdry the lips. The pencil comes in five seductive and versatile shades.
L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lip Liner
With the long-lasting lip liner, you can create natural lip makeup that will last all day. The pleasant consistency of the pencil is responsible for an even coating and a comfortable feeling while wearing. It contains moisturizing ingredients, thanks to which the product does not dry out the skin of the lips. The line includes nine natural and noble shades.
Wet n Wild – Perfect Pout Gel Lip Liner
Wet n Wild automatic pencil has a unique formula with a gel complex. It covers lips smoothly without leaving gaps. With it, the lips look more voluminous and spectacular. The collection is presented in six pleasant shades.
Haus Laboratories By Lady Gaga: RIP Lip Liner
The RIP Lip Liner is a classic tool for creating perfectly defined lines. It features high durability and super-saturated color. The creamy texture of the pencil does not smudge or spread during wear. They can easily be contoured or used solo instead of lipstick. The ruler consists of 16 vibrant colors
Barry M Cosmetics – Lip Liner Pencil
This lip liner from Barry M Cosmetics is a godsend for everyday makeup. The functionality of the product is quite wide: it can draw a clear contour, create a light shading or completely paint over the lips. It has rich pigment, medium coverage, and a matte finish. The composition contains care components, so the pencil moisturizes and softens the delicate skin of the lips. All shades of the collection are universal, so everyone can choose the perfect tone for themselves.
Mineral Fusion Lip Pencil by Splendid
Organic Creamy lipstick & liner with beeswax can do magic to your lips! Its creamy texture does not dry out, is practically not felt on the skin, and lasts up to 24 hours. It is great for aging lips. The unique shades of the line look good solo and blend perfectly with each other.
Nars Precision Lip Liner Le Lavandou
Nars Precision Lip Liner is a great product for lip makeup. Although the shaft may seem hard at first, the product is applied easily without injuring or scratching the skin. All shades of the line have a barely noticeable shimmer, so, in addition to color, a slight shimmer remains on the lips.
Ga-De High Precision Lip Liner
The waxy texture of the High Precision Lip Liner is an automatic lip liner that delivers superb, even coverage. It is convenient for drawing a clear contour and for creating light shading. The brand produces pencils in a large number of shades with matte and satin finishes.
Sisley Phyto Levres Perfect Lipliner with Lip Brush
Wax-based Perfect Lipliner Styler Pencil will help to make lips fuller and brighter. Its pigment is quite densely transferred to the skin and is securely fixed. The formula of the product contains vitamins and antioxidants, which it does not dry out the lips and protects them from the negative effects of the external environment. Pencils are available in 9 different shades.
Artdeco Soft Lip Liner Waterproof
Soft pencil from ARTDECO is a combination of a pleasant creamy texture and an incredibly long-lasting formula. It is very easy to apply, feels comfortable on the lips, and does not wear off for long hours. The product contains natural antioxidants and vitamins. Available in 18 rich shades.
3INA-The Automatic Lip Pencil
An automatic pencil from the brand 3INA is a durable tool for spectacular lip makeup. Its light texture literally glides over the skin, creating a thin, even coverage. The high concentration of pigments makes the lip contour clear and bright. The tool is presented in 12 beautiful colors.
Sephora Beauty Amplifier
Beauty Amplifier Colorless Pencil does not color lips. Why is it needed, you ask? Thanks to him, subsequent products (lipstick, gloss) do not spread and stay on the skin for a long time. The composition contains hyaluronic acid, therefore, in addition to decorative properties, it also cares for the lips.
Collistar – Professional Lip Pencil
The Professional Lip Pencil has a creamy texture and a comfortable blending applicator. It can be applied clearly, by drawing an even contour, or softly, making the effect of “kissed” lips. The composition contains vitamins and other caring ingredients that nourish and soften delicate skin. Due to its waterproof properties, the product stays on the lips for a long time and does not smear even after eating. The pencil is available in 7 interesting colors.
Rouge Bunny Rouge-Long-lasting Lip Pencil
The long-lasting lip pencil features rich color, precision, and ease of use. It literally glides over the skin, after which the modern formula hardens and lasts all day. The line of pencils consists of four different shades: classic red, brown, pink, and lilac.
How to draw a lip contour with a pencil?
Now we will tell you how to draw the perfect lip contour with a pencil. To do that, you will need to do the following.
- Make sure that the pencil tip is well sharpened.
- Draw a thin line in the middle of the lower lip, gradually moving up to the corners of the lips.
- Work out the middle of the upper lip in the shape of the letter V.
- Gently draw lines along the upper lip downward on both sides.
- If desired, slightly shade the contour inside the lips.
- Fill the lips with pencil, lipstick, or gloss. You are good to go!